Chris & Gary Williams
24 September 2009
Clay, Lynn, Alex & Erin Rose - Ohio USA
20 April 2009
David & Hally Bolt - NSW Australia
20 January 2011
Milford Sound and Glaciers flight
Milford Sound Flights
Fly over majestic mountains to world-renowned Milford Sound
You will have a window seat with an unimpeded view as you fly to Milford Sound through a landscape of unbelievable grandeur and beauty. In flight you can see so much more than by road, as we go where no roads can.
Many people tell us that their flight through this magnificent landscape to Milford Sound is one the most memorable experiences of their New Zealand visit. On all our Milford Sound flights we return via the glaciers of the Olivine Ice Plateau and Barrier Range, weather permitting.
Milford Sound: Fly-Cruise-Fly
At Milford you will cruise on the 9.00am, 11.00am, 1.30pm or 3.00pm cruise boats during the high season (October - April) which cruise the full length of the fiord to the Tasman Sea and back to the Visitor Centre on the wharf. By flying with us you will avoid the tour bus crowds which arrive from Queenstown in the middle of the day. We think it is important that you relax and enjoy the wilderness. However, during low season (May to October) we cruise on the 11.00am and 1.30pm sailing.
Duration: Approximately 4 hours
Other Milford Sound Options
- Combine the Milford Sound flight with a helicopter landing on a remote glacier above the sound. Allow 2 hours.
- Milford Sound Fly-Land-Fly for those with a limited time. Fly to Milford and see the fiord from the air. Land and enjoy 30 minutes at Milford. Can include a walk to Bowen falls. Allow 2 hours.
- Milford Overhead. Fly over the sound without landing. Allow 1.5 hours.
- Milford Sound: Coach-Cruise-Fly or Fly-Cruise-Coach combinations available.
- Milford Saver: Milford Fly-Cruise-Fly + Dart River Safari. A fantastic day out.
- Visit the Underwater observatory: "Milford Deep".
- Combine any of the Milford Sound flight options with our "Trilogy Trail" tour of the film locations featured in the Lord of the Rings.
- Rosco kayaking. A big loop of Milford taking in all the highlights. A spectacular paddle. Departs Queenstown Airport at 0900 departs Milford at 1000 and returns to Milford wharf at 1500 approximately. Either fly back to Queenstown at $575 and return to Queenstown about 1630. Or take the coach for $585 return to Queenstown at about 1930.
|Milford and Glaciers Fly-Cruise-Fly, from:||$445||$275|
|Milford and Glaciers Fly-Land-Fly||$380||$195|
|Milford and Glaciers Overhead Flight||$350||$175|
|Milford and Glaciers Coach-Cruise-Fly||$550||$370|
|Milford and Glaciers Fly-Encounter Cruise-Fly||$410||$275|
|Milford and Glaciers Fly-Discover More Cruise-Fly||$510||$295|
|Milford and Glaciers Fly-Discover More Cruise and kayak combo-Fly||$595||$395|
|Milford Saver: Milford Sound Fly-Cruise-Fly then land in Glenorchy and join the Dart River Jet||$650||$460|
• Children 3-12 half price unless stated. Under 3 (not needing a seat and under 15kg) free.
Transport is available from/to Queenstown accommodation to Queenstown Airport if required.
Prices shown are in NZ dollars, include tax, and are valid until 31 October 2014. Minimum of two adults or equivailent if no existing booking on a particular date.
For new season's prices use online booking system.
To book, either use the booking box at the top of this page, email us or call us on +64 3 4422207.
See our flight map for more detail.